Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fabric finds

Today I've been to my favourite fabric store with very cheap linnens (6 USD/m), wools (7 USD/m), cottons, silks. I've been mainly buying silk today for medieval shirts (my husband is going to sew a shirt for our Prince as a feast gift, but more about that in another post ^^), but I also found some nice linnen for my quilted pillowcases (which I'm going to show you very soon, because I have two of them almost ready! ^^).
Here are the three fabrics, each of them is 0,5 m x 1,5 m, and each cost me only 2 USD! ^-^






I also received today the yarn for the August's project for Bag Me KAL:

Since I cannot buy the handles recommended in the pattern I'll be making my own out of wood and leather.

And unfortunately I have to report some problems from the OPAL socks front... The second sock, maybe because I paid more attention not to have ladders, is knitted very tightly and is smaller than the first one (and in fact fits better my foot than the first socks) .
So, I decided to finish this second sock and knit the third one paying as much attention to keeping the yarn tight, so I have two matching socks... And I'm going to frog the first too-big-for-me sock and use the yarn to knit two very short socks, reaching very low below my ankles (in Poland we call them "small feet").
So, all's well that ends well. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment